Instructional Course submissions now closed. Thanks for your submissions!
Extended Instructional Course Submission Deadline: 6 November 2023, 23:59 (CET)
Notifications to Submitters: By December 2023
Courses received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- The internet abstract submission system works best with Chrome: 16 or higher, Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher and Mozilla Firefox 5.0 or higher.
Terms and Conditions
- It is only permitted to participate in a maximum of four Courses and being a leader of two of these Courses. If somebody has been selected to participate in more than four Courses, they will be contacted and asked for their preferences of Courses they wish to participate in. This must be decided on prior to the Course schedule being confirmed. Please note that in this instance they may choose not to participate in your Course. We will contact you if this is the case.
- Courses will be of 60- or 90-minute duration. You will be asked to indicate the duration of your Course in your submission. The Committee reserves the right to amend the duration of your Course.
- The number of speakers permitted on a Course is:
- 60-minute Course: Course leader and 1-3 faculty members.
- 90-minute Course: Course leader and 2-6 faculty members.
- Note: There can only be 1 leader per Course.
- If you wish to deviate from the permitted number of speakers you must explain the reasons why in your abstract. Please send us an e-mail: email@example.com.
- Before submitting a Course abstract, you must have already contacted all of the speakers and obtained their provisional agreement to participate in the Course and to give the presentation as included in your submission. All faculty members must register for the Congress.
- Please use a short and scientific title for your Instructional Course abstract.
- You must indicate whether the Course leader or any of the faculty members has a financial interest in the subject matter or receives funds from any mentioned company.
- You must indicate if your Course is focused on a single company or product.
- The Course leader is the “Submitting Author” on the abstract submission form and will be the primary contact for all correspondence with the office.
- The Course leader is obliged to be present throughout the Course and the faculty members should be present for as much of the Course as possible.
- Submitted abstracts will be reviewed by a minimum of three members of the Education Committee. The Course will be ranked according to their average score. For repeat Courses, previous evaluation results and knowledge about the quality of the Course will be considered. New Courses will be judged on the quality of the abstract.
- Leaders of new Courses will be asked to provide a CV and details of previous Courses / publications on the topic. In addition, specific topics that need to be covered will be taken into account when making the final selection of accepted Courses. The decision of the Committee is final.
- If your Course is accepted, you will be informed of this and given a date and time for your Course. It is not possible to cancel an accepted Course.
- Instructional Course presenters who fail to turn up or arrange replacement Course speakers will not be permitted to present Courses at future ESCRS Congresses.
- Course leaders and faculty may be asked to provide 3 to 4 multiple-choice questions in relation to the Course content.
- Cataract Surgery
- Electronic Medical Records
- Endophthalmitis / Ocular Infections / Inflammation / Uveitis
- Epidemiology of Ocular Diseases or Parameters
- External Eye Disease
- Femtosecond Laser-Assisted Cataract Surgery
- Iris Surgery
- IT, Computers, Smartphones
- Laser Refractive Surgery
- Lens Refractive Surgery
- New Complex IOL Optics
- Ocular Pathology
- Phakic IOLs
- Physiology of Accommodation
- Practice Management
- Presbyopia Correction
- Quality of Vision Evaluation Techniques
- Training and Innovation in Education
- Visual Rehabilitation
Copyright for Speakers
- I confirm that I own all of the material used and/or obtained the right to include the third-party material in the presentation.
- I guarantee that the presentation does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third parties.
If you choose to submit a Course(s) we will use your personal details to keep you updated on its status including whether it has been accepted for presentation at the Annual Congress concerned.
If your Course(s) is accepted for presentation at the Annual Congress your contact details (name and email address) will be sent to a third-party Audio Visual Company (M Events) in order for them to contact you in relation to uploading your presentation.