With the kind support of:
Important Information for Face-to-Face attendance in Amsterdam
ESCRS’s Duty of Care to Participants
In the interests of the health & safety of all attendees, event personnel, and the broader community, the Congress Venue (RAI) and ESCRS apply the local and national rules which, as at today, require that any individual has to provide one of the following in order to access the congress venue in Amsterdam:
• Valid (negative) test certificate OR
• Valid vaccination certificate OR
• Valid recovery certificate
Disclaimer: Entry will be refused to any person not compliant with at least one of the above-mentioned certificates. No reimbursement of paid fees will be made to participants.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ESCRS 2021 REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS AND INDUSTRY REPRESENTATIVES
Travel to The Netherlands
The entry conditions and travel recommendations can be seen on the official checklist of the Dutch Government.
A distinction is being made between:
- Entering or returning from the EU/Schengen area with countries listed as “safe” and countries listed as high-risk areas; In general, there is no travel ban travelling from these countries and no quarantine is required. Since the situation is changing on a very regular basis, please make sure you regularly check the link above.
- Entering or returning from OUTSIDE the EU/Schengen area with countries listed as:
- “safe” areas; In general, there is no travel ban travelling from these countries and no quarantine is required. Since the situation is changing on a very regular basis, please make sure you regularly check the link above.
- “high risk” areas;
- “high risk“ areas with a virus variant of concern
FOR BOTH “HIGH RISK” AREAS, TRAVEL BANS AND MANDATORY QUARANTINE APPLY.
Since the situation is changing on a very regular basis, please make sure you regularly check the link above.
For “high risk” areas, exemptions are listed as follows:
The Dutch government excepts a number of exemptions to the:
Above travel ban
(i) Travel ban exemption for fully vaccinated travelers – There is an exception for a traveler from a high-risk area without a variant of concern, provided this traveler is fully vaccinated. This exemption does not apply for travelers from high risk areas with a variant of concern (see the following link for more information).
(ii) Travel ban exemption for business travelers – The most likely acceptable exemption to the ban for travel is the exemption for a “business traveler as defined in the framework for applying the exemption for business travelers”, which exemption requires, among others, a personal invitation from a Dutch private or public sector party (see the following link for more information).
Above quarantine obligation
(i) Quarantine exemption for significant contributions the Dutch economy – The most likely acceptable exemption to the quarantine obligation is the exemption which requires a “significant contribution to the Dutch economy”, which exemption requires, among others, a personal invitation from a Dutch private or public sector party.
Countries on the list of high risk areas with a virus variant of concern additionally need a diplomatic note issued by a Dutch embassy stating that they fall under an exemption to the entry ban (see the following link for more information).
For the above purposes, the RAI Amsterdam (congress venue) is willing to provide the necessary invitation with an explanation regarding the event’s contribution to the Dutch economy. This invitation can be downloaded here.
Please complete it with your name where necessary on the pdf and print this document! Make sure you write your name as it would appear on your Passport and as it would appear on your Covid-19 certificate (vaccination / recovery / test).
For your travel to the Netherlands to attend ESCRS 2021, please make sure you have a printed copy of the following:
- The letter of invitation
- A completed quarantine form
- A certificate (vaccination, recovery, test)
- Your registration confirmation to ESCRS 2021
The above necessary steps were put in place to allow for a smooth F2F participation at the ESCRS 2021 congress in Amsterdam this year. We do however underline, that no warranty can be expressed as to each individual travel case. The Dutch governmental regulations prevail, and neither ESCRS nor the Organisers of ESCRS 2021 or RAI can be held responsible for decisions made by the Dutch government.